The broad objectives of OLA are to:
- Improve academic and public understanding by observing and studying the processes of political and economic change underway in Latin America.
- Foster a public dialogue between and within the United States and Latin America about the challenges of building social democracy in a globalized world, including creating opportunities for Latin American leaders to directly express their views to audiences in the United States.
- Collaborate with Latin American institutions to further these objectives within countries across the Hemisphere by linking and mobilizing ideas and institutions.
OLA has embarked on an ambitious work plan, based on five programs:
- President Néstor Kirchner Fellowship
- Latin America on the Move: The Post-Neoliberal Transition
- Building Latin American Bicentennials in the Age of Globalization
- Design and Developement
- Space in Honour of Abuelas de Plaza de Mayo
- See the origins of the Observatory on Latin America: Argentina Observatory.
This program would like to acknowledge the generous support of the Julien J. Studley Foundation